Wednesday, May 14, 2008

In my second week in Vancouver i had a short but strange conversation. I was in the skytrain, it was about 8pm and a strange man sitted close to me. He was wearing strange clothes. Honestly, he looked like a homeless person. I was reading a book and suddenly he said to me that he couldn't understand how somebody can throw a golf ball for more than 200 yards. I told him that i couldn't understand either. He asked if i knew how to play golf and i answered him that i knew the sport but i couldn't play. After this he started to talk with himself, saying that golf was a strange and stupid sport. Suddenly he stopped talking and asked me witch station we were. I told him that we were at Edmonds. He asked me if that train was going to King George and I told him that the train was going to VCC - Clark so he noticed that he was on the wrong train and got off on that station.

It was a strange conversation but a good oportunity to test my english with a native speaker.

2 comments:

yong said...

he looks like a homeless
-> he looked like homeless

from yong!!
ah......good morning!!

Dolores said...

...man SAT close to me.

...suddenly he TOLD me that....

...I told him that i couldn't understand IT either...